Tuesday 7 June 2011

Update from Rachel Green



At UK Shallot HQ we pride ourselves on working with some of the best chefs in the industry to produce the finest recipes featuring UK Shallots.


One chef we have worked with over the years and who is a massive fan of shallots is Rachel Green. Rachel is not only a wonderful chef but an accomplished author, caterer, experienced food demonstrator and campaigner. She has several TV series under her belt including ITV Yorkshire's Flying Cook and World on a Plate series, BBC3's Kill it! Cook it! Eat it! and Farm of Fussy Eaters on UK TV Style.


We're delighted that Rachel has agreed to be our guest blogger and so without further ado, over to her!


Rachel says: "Some say that I'm the 'Lady of Shallot' because there isn't a day that goes by without me using at least eight of the little beauties in my cooking, they never disappoint me.


"Shallots manage to sprinkle a certain fairy dust to the flavour and texture of my dishes, this is why they are in such demand with chefs and cooks alike.


"Shallots are a great ingredient to use all year round. Don't just use them for hearty winter dishes such as Daube of Beef. Shallots are a great complement to lighter summer dishes too, the fresh clean taste is perfect to use in a Thai Beef Salad. Shallots are such a versatile ingredient, they can be used raw, cooked or pickled.


"I've just prepared shallots and garlic in cream, these will accompany my slow cooked honeyed shoulder of new lamb, a great alternative to potatoes dauphinoise.


"I can't possibly finish my blog without saying: that's 'shallot' for now!"


Love Rachel Green x

No comments:

Post a Comment